1. what did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
i moved to LA
2. did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
i make them and forget them quarterly, not yearly
3. did anyone close to you give birth?
sister-in-law (Everest has red hair!) and a couple others
4. did anyone close to you die?
yes, an uncle, i wrote his eulogy
5. what countries did you visit?
none, i did go to hawaii though
6. what would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
7. what date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
March 6, 2009, married
8. what was your biggest achievement of the year?
9. what was your biggest failure?
10. did you suffer illness or injury?
is fat an illness?
11. what was the best thing you bought?
12. whose behavior merited celebration?
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
home sweet home
15. what did you get really, really, really excited about?
our wedding, then it didn’t happen
16. what song will always remind you of 2009?
17. compared to this time last year, are you:
19. thinner or fatter?
see above, yuck
20. richer or poorer?
21. what do you wish you’d done more of?
22. what do you wish you’d done less of?
23. how did you spend christmas?
I spent christmas in my hometown with my loved ones, and lost a job
24. did you fall in love in 2009?
i fall in love every week
25. how many one-night stands?
26. what was your favorite tv program?
27. do you dislike anyone now that you didn’t dislike this time last year?
28. what was the best book you read?
too many to decide
29. what was your greatest musical discovery?
the jazz station here
30. what did you want and get?
a beautiful home
31. what did you want and not get?
32 what was your favorite film of this year?
33. what did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
my friends and i went out, i turned 24
34. what one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
a good job that i enjoy
35. how would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
36. what kept you sane?
37. which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
38. what political issue stirred you the most?
gay marriage not being passed
39. who did you miss?
I miss my family
40. who was the best new person you met?
i don’t know
41. tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009?
you can’t always get what you want, but you can try sometimes
42. quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
“i’m leaving on a jet plane, don’t know if i’ll be back again”